Today's Fire Danger Rating:
LAST UPDATED: 2023/05/28
Industrial User Information
- During "High Fire Danger Rating", the following High Risk Activities must cease by 1pm followed by a 2 hour fire watch:
- "Mechanical brushing, disk trenching, preparation or use of explosives, using fire- or spark- producing tools including cutting tools, using or preparing fireworks or pyrotechnics, grinding, mechanical land clearing, log forwarding other than by logging truck on a road, skidding logs, yarding logs using cable systems, using a vehicle with metal tracks, chains or studs, operating a power saw, clearing or maintaining right of ways, including grass mowing, rock drilling, tree processing including de-limbing, welding, portable wood chipping, milling, processing or manufacturing."
- The above High Risk Activities and the following Industrial Activities are restricted on Extreme fire hazard conditions:
- "Debris piling, mechanical modification of forest debris, railway operations, utility transmission operations, mining operations, silviculture treatments as defined under section 1(1) of the Forest Planning and Practices Regulation of B.C. Reg. 14-2004, wood milling, processing and manufacturing, timber harvesting, road construction, road maintenance or road deactivation, yarding logs using helicopters or lighter than air vehicles, operating power saw, loading log or use of machinery on a road or a landing or in a log sort area."
- CRD Bylaw #3452 States, “When the Fire Danger Class is at ‘Extreme’ all industrial and high risk activities must cease operation except with written permission of the Fire Chief.”
- An Exemption may be granted to a contractor with a proven record of fire safety. The conditions of an exemption will include but not be limited to:
- · Work must stop at 1pm and a 2 hour fire watch maintained before leaving the work site.
- · There must be a firefighting tool (shovel, Pulaski, water pump-can etc.) for each member of the work crew.
- Contact the fire department to apply for an exemption.
This site last modified on 2022/11/09, Copyright © 2005-2019 Opengate Software, All Rights Reserved